I wish you a Happy 4th of July. Here are a list of events you can participate in here in different beach communities like Long Beach.
Long Beach 4th of July Events 2013
1. The Queen Mary is perfect for watching the firework show at 9 pm.
You can explore the ship the day on the 4th of July and listen to live music. Dine at one of the cool restaurants and enjoy the firework show at 9 pm. The Queen Mary will be open from 12 pm to 11 pm. There will be lots of schedule events during the day for children and adults…from carnival activities to stand up comedy…20 events between 12 to 4 pm, 14 between 4 to 6 pm and 13 more from 6 pm to 9 pm.
2. Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier in Belmont Shore
This event costs $20 to attend. It is from 10 am to 10 pm on the pier. They will have food and entertainment. The Queen Mary firework show can be seen from the pier and the beach. Many of the local residents of downtown Long Beach, Alamitos Beach, Bluff Park, Belmont Heights, Belmont Shore and the Peninsula from the sand. Just grab a chair and go to the beach about 8:45 pm.
3. Bluff Heights Block Party
This Long Beach neighborhood event starts at 12:30 pm and offers many free events and games. It is located at Vista Street between Obispo and Orizaba. They are having a potluck and they need volunteers for the event too. Learn more about this celebration at http://www.bluffheights.org/
4. Big Bang on the Bay – July 3rd Event 2013
McKenna’s on the Bay is having a party 1 day early. You can join them on July 3rd at 190 Marina Drive in Long Beach, CA 90803. The event starts at 6 pm to 10 pm. They will be having a barbeque and live music. Firework Show begins at 9 pm.
5. Aquarium of the Pacific – Downtown Long Beach July 4th BBQ
They are having a special red, white and blue event from 3 pm to 11 pm at 100 Aquarium Way in Long Beach. You can enjoy the city of Long Beach firework display in the evening. This is a ticketed event. For more information, go to Aquarium of the Pacific
6. Harbor Breeze Yacht Charter Tour
Imagine for a moment it’s July 3rd, yep a day early. You want to watch the fireworks show at McKenna’s on the Bay but from the bay. If that is you, then take a cruise around the bay with Harbor Breeze Cruises. For more info, go to www.Harbor-cruises.com
7. 4th of July Red, White & Blue Cruise
Take one of the Catalina Cruises of the Long Beach Harbor and listen to some R & B music just before the Queen Mary Firework show begins. Watch the event from the ship. Catalina Cruises is located at the bow of the Queen Mary. Go to www.CatalinaClassicCruises.com for more details.
8. Party at Fuego’s Near the Queen Mary
Fuego’s is located at the Hotel Maya. The restaurant offers you a panoramic view of the downtown area, the Long Beach Harbor and the Queen Mary…another perfect spot for the firework show. They are located at 700 Queensway Drive in Long Beach CA 90802.
9. 4th of July at The Reef Restaurant on Harbor Scenic Drive
Looks like everyone is have a celebration along restaurant row. The Reef is offering a BBQ Dinner Buffet from 5 to 9 pm. Visit http://www.reefrestaurant.com/the_reef/upcoming_events.aspx for more information.
10. Bike Parade from Belmont Shore to Shoreline Village
Decorate your bike, yourself and meet at the Granada Avenue Boat Launch Ramp at 1 Granada Ave at Ocean Blvd in Belmont Shore. Contests galore in Long Beach. Parade registration starts at 9:15 am. Bike ride starts at 10 am. Visit http://www.100daysofsummer.org/
11. Long Beach Jazz Concert at Long View Point in Willow Springs Park
2745 Orange Avenue, Long Beach CA 90806. The concert begins at 7 pm and is free to the public. And there will be fireworks.
Map of Southern California Firework Shows for July 4th 2013
View Southern California Fireworks for the 4th of July, 2013 in a larger map
- How are you planning on spending your July 3rd and July 4th 2013 celebrations?
- Newport Beach July 4th 2021 Fireworks - June 30, 2021
- Long Beach July 4th 2021 Fireworks Show in Southern California - June 29, 2021
- Long Beach Housing Prices May 2021 Forecasted Trends - June 23, 2021