Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Southern California mansions are homes with over 8,000 square feet of living space.
Video of Southern California Mansions Statistics September 2016
Summary for September 2016
The average selling price of a Southern California Mansion in September 2016 is $8,324,074. Mansions are selling in 145 days on market overall. The fastest selling area in Palm Springs. The slowest is Newport Coast.
Temecula and Murrieta may be your best house for the money. Both cities are located in Riverside County. They have the lowest cost per square feet for luxury real estate. Temecula has a great wine country feel. Mansions in Murrieta are selling faster than in Temecula. I shared a comparison between the two cities on the video above.
The Irvine real estate market has been going up year over year for this type of luxury real estate.
Current Listings per County
Mansions with Special Features:
- Ocean View Mansions: 88 for sale
- Golf Course Views: 21 mansions for sale
- Indoor Pools: 12 mansions
- Your own Tennis Court: 30 mansions
- Private Boat Dock: 1 property
- Elevators in the home: 103 properties
- Media Rooms: 84 properties
Cities with the most mansions in Southern California:
As of October 2016, here are the most mansions per city and county that our real estate team covers. Our video above will give you an idea of selling prices for your research to invest in a luxury property in Southern California.
Los Angeles County Mansions by City:
- Arcadia: 16
- Beverly Hills: 34
- Bradbury: 6
- Calabasas: 13
- Diamond Bar: 7
- Encino: 8
- Hidden Hills: 15
- Los Angeles: 49
- Malibu: 14
- Pacific Palisades: 9
- Rancho Palos Verdes: 6
Orange County Mansions Cities
- Coto de Caza 9
- Dana Point: 8
- Irvine: 10
- Laguna Beach: 6
- Laguna Niguel: 7
- Newport Beach: 8
- Newport Coast: 14
- San Juan Capistrano: 10
Riverside County Mansions by City:
- Corona: 3
- La Quinta: 3
- Murrieta: 7
- Palm Springs: 4
- Rancho Mirage: 7
- Riverside: 5
- Temecula: 8
Most Expensive Mansions in Southern California
- $150,000,000 with 30,000 square feet in Los Angeles at 301 N Carolwood Drive
- $135,000,000 with 18,000 square feet in Beverly Hills at 1187 N Hillcrest Road
- $88,000,000 with 30,000 square feet in Los Angeles at 10250 W Sunset
- $85,000,000 with 32,000 square feet in Beverly Hills at 2727 Benedict Canyon Drive
- $59,900,000 with 18,000 square feet in Laguna Beach at 2528 Riviera Drive
- $51,000,000 with 10,000 square feet in Laguna Beach at 2431 Riviera Drive
Least Expensive Mansions in Southern California
- 30400 Northwood Road, Desert Hot Springs for $1,200,000
- 38075 Via Majorca in Murrieta for $1,388,888. This home has 7 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 2 three-quarter bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms and 1 half bath with 8,276 square feet on 5.55 acres.
- 30145 Hillside San Juan Capistarno for $2,795,000. This mansion has 5 bedrooms, 6 full baths, 3 half baths and 8,240 square feet. Beautiful estate.
- 3001 Eminencia Del Sur San Clemente for $3,200,000. This is a cool looking home with 8 bedrooms, 7 full baths and 1 half bath. A cool sparkling pool and spa.
Top Mansions for Sale
Jay’s Cool Properties to Consider:
8 Mystique, Newport Coast for a cool $35 Million 8 beds, 9 full baths, 3 half baths, 18,650 square feet built in 2009
2806 The Strand, Hermosa Beach for $25 Million you are on the beach. 5 Bedrooms, 5 full baths, 5 half baths with 7,900 square feet.
4130 Calle Isabella, San Clemente for $49.9 Million the home is 7 bedrooms, 7 full baths, 3 half baths, 12,765 square feet on 2.63 acres in the Cotton Point neighborhood of San Clemente.
- Download a PDF of the Southern California mansions Statistics Report for September 2016