Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Welcome to the 4th of July weekend in Southern California. Tuesday, July 4th, 2023, will be a fireworks bonanza. From Long Beach to San Clemente, there are a ton of events for you to enjoy in Southern California.
I create a list below just in case you need those last-minute ideas of what to do.
Everyone celebrates differently. Some people have family parties, light off fireworks in the front of the house and other people go to the beach.
It’s a time to celebrate our country’s independence day. Check out the events below and make your plans for Monday, July 3rd or Tuesday, July 4th, 2023.
Video: July 4th 2023 Beach Activities
Join us this 4th of July weekend in Southern California for an unforgettable celebration! Tuesday, July 4th, 2023, promises to be a spectacular fireworks bonanza across the region, from Long Beach to San Clemente. Get ready to attend exciting events and activities.
Fireworks in Long Beach are illegal so watching them at the various locations below is the best way to enjoy Independence Day.
Our first event of the celebration of our nation in Long Beach, California is on July 3rd, 2023 at the Big Bang on the Bay.
Big Bang on the Bay July 3rd, 2023 Fun Things to Do
This annual event is called “Big Bang on the Bay“. This is an annual event that usually has vintage aircraft flyovers, skydivers, sailing regattas, music, and more. The event starts at 5:30 and goes until 9:30 pm at 190 Marina Drive in Long Beach.
- Block Party Tickets can be found here: https://boathouseonthebay.com/big-bang/
Where is Boathouse on the Bay? 190 Marina Drive. (562) 493-1100.
- Fireworks start at 9 pm and last 30 minutes…woo hooo.
Map of “Boathouse on The Bay” in Long Beach
Frequently Asked Question for the Big Bang on the Bay
I’m just going to take a walk down Ocean Blvd toward Bay Shore. That’s about a mile. If I walk to the end of Ocean Blvd, that’s 2 miles one way yikes. I can get some exercise in.
Long Beach July 4th 2023 Independence Day Events
1.) Take a Long Beach July 4th Cruise? Check out the VIP Perks you get for $199 – $229. Where to get tickets? Tickets. Parking? Aquarium of the Pacific Parking Structure at 200 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, or 95 S. Pine Avenue.
The Yacht is located at Harbour Dock 6A.
2.) Justin Rudd’s 4th of July Kids Bike Parade – The Great American 4th of July kids bike parade will be at 10:00 a.m to 11:00 am. All ages bike parade. Kid’s bike events take place at 1 Granada Ave., Long Beach, CA 90803.
- 9:40 am, there is a patriotic speech contest for kids
- 9:50 am, there is a costume contest for kids
For information, go to justinrudd.com/bikeparade.html for details.
4.) Waterfront Fireworks in downtown Long Beach start at 9 pm on July 4th. The city will be celebrating in style in Queensway Bay with a July 4th fireworks spectacular celebration of freedom. You could go to Rainbow Harbor and set up your chair or watch from the beach near the marina in downtown Long Beach. More Information
- Look for the viewing location of the fireworks off Shoreline Village Drive
Interactive Google Map of Long Beach Fireworks 2023 Locations
Just in case you wanted to find a location quicker when reading my community blog post today. I create a map of locations. Next to “Long Beach Fireworks 2023” is an icon. Click on that and it will give you a legend of events.
Share this post on social media to help others do fun activities for July 4th, 2023 events here in Long Beach or one of the other beach cities along the coastline. I look forward to meeting you in 2023.
Beach Cities Celebrating July 4th 2023 including Parades & 5k Runs
Huntington Beach Fireworks
Huntington Beach is having a 4th of July Celebration – Located in downtown Huntington Beach at 200 Main Street. They have to celebrate from July 2nd to July 4th, 2023. July 2nd is a special Pier Plaza Festival activity with vendors, food trucks, maybe a beer garden, live entertainment, music, and more. From 10 am to 9 pm
There is a Surf City 5k Run from 7 am to from Main Street in downtown Huntington Beach, CA.
- Huntington Beach Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast on July 4th – yummy time. Tickets are $7.00. Visit Kiwanis’ website next. The event is at Lake Park in Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach Fun Run on July 4th Details here.
- Huntington Beach Parade is on July 4th 2023 at 10:00 am at Main Street and Pacific Coast Highway in downtown Huntington Beach, California.
- Parade: After the Party on 5th Street in Huntington Beach. It starts at 12 pm for the entire family.
- Fireworks Over the Ocean Near the Huntington Beach Pier at 9 pm.
Newport Beach: Happy 4th of July 2023 Events
- Parade down the Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach. The event starts at 9:00 am between W Balboa Blvd and 36th Street. There is a carnival – festival at Channel Park on Balboa Peninsula form 9:30 to 11:30 am. This park is at 4405 Chanel Place. (Balboa Blvd and Channel Place. If you hit 44th Street, you went too far. The park is town the harbor.)
- Old Glory Boat Parade is from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm in the Newport Harbor. Get ready for a big boat parade. Details.
- Festive Day on the Back Bay – located at Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort and Marina, July 4th, 2023 is going to be awesome!!! Food trucks, live music, water sports, boat rentals and a firework show. Newport Dunes events.
- Independence Day on the Back Bay in Newport Beach. At 1131 Back Bay Drive. This event starts at 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. Live music and fun.
- July 4th Weekend Pub Crawl Experience – a ticketed event from EventBrite.
- Tropical Booze Cruise – Party in Newport Beach in Tikis boating style.
- Enjoy some American BBQ in Newport Beach from Arc Butcher & Baker. Arc Butcher & Baker, 417 30th St, Newport Beach, CA 92663
- Fourth of July Vacation at VEA Newport Beach – front row seating from your hotel room when you stay that the VEA and book the Fireworks Show Package for the Fourth of July.
- Mariners Park Independence Day Parade & Celebration at 1300 Irvine Ave, Newport Beach starting at 10:30 am
- Newport Peninsula Bike Parade & Festival on July 4th, 2023. Carnival atmosphere with great food and fun things to do. Bike parade starts at 9 am at Balboa Boulevard to Channel Place Park. Festival is from 9:30 am to 11 am View details.
Laguna Beach 4th of July Fireworks Show
Celebrate the Fourth in Laguna Beach, California. The fireworks show will be from Monument Point at Heisler Park at 9:00 pm. City website details for you.
Dana Point: 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza 2023 at Doheny Beach. Fireworks start at 9:00 pm. Doheny State Beach is located at 25300 Dana Point Harbor, Dana Point, CA.
San Clemente Fireworks
San Clemente: Marine & Families 4th of July Celebration. 9 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- 622 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente, CA; a Condor Squadron flyover from 5:55 pm to 6:00 pm. Check out the city of San Clemente details for July 4th, 2023.
Office Chair Downhill Derby on July 4th 2023?
San Clemente has the “Office Chair Downhill Derby” on July 4th, 2023 at 9:00 am.
- This sounds like my kind of race.
- Read this article in the San Clemente Times about the event.
Frequently Asked Questions about July 4th 2023
Pet Safety for Fireworks
- Give them a safe place to hide inside
- Keep your pets secured inside your home
- Use the TV or music during the fireworks time inside the home to mask the noise
Please share them below in the comments. Thanks. Have a Happy July 4th, 2023. We are providing this information as a community service to the residents of Long Beach, California. Please check with all vendors about times, pricing, and any requirements they may have.
#longbeachfireworks #fireworks2023 #happy4thofJuly2023 #coolevents #beachcities #beachlifestyle #JayValento #RedWagonTeam.com #HomeTourJay