One of the most prominent features of in your Long Beach homes is the windows. If they are well maintained, they will have a positive impact on the impression potential home buyers will have of your property. Of course, the opposite is true when your windows look old and worn.
What to Look For in Replacing Windows
That depends on a number of factors. Window replacement can be an expensive renovation. Here are a few things to consider before making your decision.
- Do you see water invasion or mold on the inside sides of any of the window ledges? This implies dampness is sneaking in all things considered, and you have to get those windows fixed or supplanted as quickly as time permits.
- On the off chance that your windows are dual-paned – (two sheets of glass) – check for any indications of dampness in the middle of the glass sheets. Dampness shows that the warm seal is broken and, at the very least, the glass should be supplanted.
- Investigate your windows all things considered. Is the trim decayed or split anyplace? Are there dim spots or any indications of spoiling on the wood outlines? Fixes or substitution might be required.
- Check each window to see how they are operating. Do they open and close effortlessly? Which windows in the room may need to be in great working order in case of a fire or natural disaster? Inspect how freely the windows are working.
- Do you like the way your windows look from the curb and inside the room? Do you think new windows would brighten up the room?
How Often Should You Replace Windows?
Most windows come with a 20 year warranty. But take the time to inspect them.
What are the 6 Best Windows to Buy?
I was researching the best windows to buy on Consumer Reports website today. They had an interesting article on Window Buying Tips that you may like.
Although they are expensive, replacing windows can have a lot of advantages. Depending on the efficiency of your current windows, replacing them could cut your energy costs by 10-20%. In addition, new windows block out more exterior noise, making your home quieter.
Here are the best windows from an article I read. Links are to the manufacturers for your further research. They should be able to find you a local contractor that specializes in their products to give you a quote on installation and cost of the windows.
I want you to make a good decision on the windows that you choose for your home, condo or business. These are the most popular windows in 2018:
Anderson Windows 400 Series, wood double-hung window & wood casement windows; corporate phone number is 800-426-4261
Simonton Pro-Finish is a Vinyl double-hung window; corporate number 800-746-6686
Marvin Ultrex is a fiberglass double-hung window; this is a very energy-efficient window. corporate number: 888-537-7828
Pella Windows - 877-473-5527
Windows Can Reduce Your Energy Bill
Good windows can reduce your energy bills by 10 to 25% according to Energy.gov. And you always want to save money, don’t you? Of course you do. New windows can be a selling point to a new home buyer.
Want more tips on increasing the value, and enjoyment, of your property? Call me today.
- $490 Million Powerball Winners Can Buy Lots of Homes - September 21, 2021
- Huntington Beach CA Real Estate August 2021 Trends - September 13, 2021
- Long Beach Housing Prices August 2021 Forecasted Trends - September 9, 2021