I wanted to share with you some landscaping tips when it comes to ways to increase the value of your Long Beach home. But if you’re working with a tight budget, you may be wondering how to get the most bang for your buck.
Luckily, there are a number of budget-friendly landscape design tips that can help you achieve the look you desire. One cost-effective way to add visual interest to your yard is to use Mulch.
Not only does it help to prevent weed growth, but it also gives your plant beds a tidy, finished appearance.
Budget Landscaping Friendly Ideas for Long Beach Homeowners
Another great way to save money on landscaping is to choose low-maintenance or drought-resistant plants to create a beautiful garden. Many nurseries and garden centers offer a wide selection of drought-tolerant and native plants that require little care.
8 Budget Landscaping Tips for Your Yard
Let’s review some budget or cheap landscaping ideas for your yard. As a homeowner, you always want your home to look its best.
But, sometimes life gets in the way and you just don’t have the time or money to do a full-scale landscaping project. If you’re looking to quickly enhance your curb appeal without breaking the bank, here are a few budget landscaping tips:
- Start with a plan: Before you start making changes to your property, it’s important to have a clear plan in mind. What are your goals for the space? What kind of look are you going for? Once you have a vision for the finished product, it will be much easier to make strategic changes that stay within your budget.
- Measure the area: If you want to change the front yard or back yard, measure out the area.
- Picture Time: take a picture of the front of your home from the curb. Get a visual picture of it to figure out what you want to change.
- Types of Flowers: Research the different types of flowers from color to drought resistant. Then, consider where to plant the flower beds for your flower garden.
- River rock can be used to border the landscaping and brighten your garden. Besides river rock, you can use pebbles, wood chips, pea gravel, and mulch.
- How to water the yards? Will you use the current sprinklers or install a water drip system.
- Research drought-resistant plants.
- Do it yourself? Do you have a green thumb or do you want to hire someone to do the landscaping?
Top 9 Drought Resistant Plants
There are hundreds of plants to add to your gardens. Here are my top 9 landscaping tips of drought resistant plants:
- Aloe Vera is a succulent plan and is drought resistant. It retains water in the base of the plant.
- Cactus – there are a wide variety to choose from at your local nursery
- Agave is a drought resistant plan that comes in different styles like: agave plant flower, plant care, and the variegated agave
- Fountain Grass is a drought tolerant plant. The color is red and needs little water to maintain it.
- Desert Rose – tropical succulent that looks like a pink flower to me. It requires occasional watering to keep it growing. For example, look that this resource for Desert Rose.
- Amur Maple tree. It displays colors like a maple tree.
- Eastern Redbud – is a blooming trees with pink blooms
- Jacaranda Trees – are a fast growing tree with lavender blooms. It is a sub-tropical tree found in South America. See how to grow them at How to Grow a Jacaranda Tree: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
- Lavender Phenomenal – is a purple flower on a long steam. They are fragrant and attract butterflies.
Long Beach Resources for Landscaping
Look for your local nursery to get the best wisdom on landscaping tips.
- Armstrong Gardening
- If you need Mulch, there is a free mulch yard in Long Beach at 2755 Orange Avenue. Here is the web page for that: Mulch Delivery And Pickup (longbeach.gov). Monday through Sunday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map to show you what goes best in your zip code.
- Do you need a Landscape designer and someone to help you? If so, fill out the form below:
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields
If you need help with landscaping, a local professional will call you.