Over 60 years ago, the area was mostly orange trees. Then, the building started in the late 1950’s and 1960’s. Some of the custom homes have been upgraded while others have been torn down and mini-mansions have replaced them throughout the area. The neighbors remain friendly and the area is safe for raising a family.
What is Fun to Do in Downey?
· Downey Farmers Market is located in downtown Downey on Saturdays between 9 am to 1 pm near 2nd street and New Avenue.
· Krikorian Premiere Theatres at 8200 3rd Street in Downey
· Stonewood Mall – at the corner of Lakewood and Firestone Blvd.
· McDonalds (there are 3 in town)
· Two great golf courses for the golfer in the family; one of them is Rio Hondo Golf Course – a great place for practicing and playing 18 holes of golf.
What Do I Need to Do Before Looking at Downey Homes in Person?
Since inventories are so low, if you are really thinking about buying Downey real estate or another city, make sure you get pre-approved for a loan in the beginning. Lending rules have changed a lot since the great mortgage meltdown and getting a loan can be challenging but not impossible. This is one of the most important steps in purchasing a home or condo….getting pre-approved for a loan.
Northeast Downey Homes
Northeast Downey is one of the premier places to live in the city of Downey. Celebrities own homes in this area and grew up in it as well. The neighborhood is really bordered by east of Downey Avenue and north of Firestone Blvd but for local residents, they consider the best area of northeast Downey to be west of Lakewood Blvd and north of Florence Avenue.