Here is a list of 19 fun things to do in Temecula, California. Whether you are visiting Temecula for a vacation or moving here, it is always good to know what to do when you have extra time.
Temecula is a peaceful community about 43 minutes inland from Oceanside, California.
List of 19 Fun things to do in Temecula
Do you love wine? If so, there are over 40 wineries in the city to check out. Many of them have dining options which I will share with you below.
Visit 12 of the 40 wineries and go wine tasting.
- Baily Winery Estate Club Tasting Room
Oak Mountain Winery – I’ve been there. It’s great.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides in the morning hours
Dancing in Old Town Temecula
- Wilson Creek Winery
- 1909 Temecula – great food and drinks; 951-252-1909; located at 28656 Old Town Front Street, Temecula CA 92590
10 Great Restaurants for Fun Things to Do In Temecula
Most restaurants are about 10 to 20 minutes away from Temecula neighborhoods. You can drive into downtown Temecula and find a lot of great places for dining. There are lots of coffee shops nearby as well.
Here are a few of my favorite locations
The Restaurant at Ponte – I’ve had lunch at this location…yummy. I think had a burger and fries there in February 2020.
The Vineyard Rose Restaurant – I had breakfast and dinner when I stayed at South Coast Winery
Meritage at Callaway – I had lunch at this location one day and it was great.
Woodfire Pizza at Spuntino Pizzeria Italia at 31891 Rancho California Road
- E.A.T Marketplace – a strip mall cafe located at 28410 Old Town Front, Temecula. 951-694-3663
- The Gambling Cowboy for steak at 42072 5th St, Temecula, CA 92590; 951-699-2895
- 1909 Temecula – I ate here for lunch. It is located at 28656 Old Town Front St, Temecula, CA 92590; 951-252-1909 (Craft beer, great tasting burgers & other New American plates)
5 Hotels in Temecula on or near the Wineries
- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa -I’ve stayed here many times. Request a Villa facing the vineyard. It’s spacious inside and their is a patio that is cool to have coffee on in the morning or wine in the evening. They give you a bottle of wine when you check in.
- Ponte Vineyard Inn – a little pricey but it is on vineyard. I stayed here. The floor in my room was title…and cold in the morning. I’m not sure if they have changed that. I’ve had lunch here several times and it was yummy.
- Carter Estate – I’ve heard good things about this location and plan to stay there on my next visit in 2023.
- The Inn at Churon Winery – I stayed here. It was a bargain when I booked it. I went direct to their website.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton in Temecula – I’ve stayed here many times. It is less expensive, and I enjoyed it for a vacation and on a business trip to show homes for sale in Temecula and Murrieta.
10 Extra: Fun Things to Do in Temecula
- Try your luck at the Pechanga Resort and Casino; you must be 21 to play. It is one of the largest casinos in the USA
- Old Town for shopping and dining. Located on Old Town Front Street, you can find shopping like The Barn Yard Chicks for decorative furniture and unique clothing at 41964 Main Street. A great resource for you is Old Town Temecula’s website. Walking around Old Town could be considered free things to do in Temecula, CA.
- Bike Trails in the Temecula Valley – if you love biking, you may want to cruise around Temecula this way. View the trails and bike lanes map.
- Night Life in Temecula? Check out Baily’s, Coin-Op (I love the name) for arcade, pinball machines and more.
- Ice Cream Italian Style? Check out Bottega Italia at 28475 Old Town Front Street. 951-699-0066
- Visit the Temecula Valley Museum – it is located at 28314 Mercedes St, Temecula, CA 92590. Phone is 951-694-6450. It is a historical museum featuring local history.
- Horseback Riding in Temecula – check out this 20 arce ranch offering horseback riding at 43101 Anza Rd, Temecula, CA 92592. Call 951-795-1444.
- Grapeline Wine Tour – I went on this. It is a small tour bus that goes to 4 or 5 wineries. I had lunch at one of the wineries on the tour. Reasonably priced. 951-693-5755.
- Family Fun location: Pennypickle’s Workshop: great place for the kids in your family or you. Call 951-308-6376
- Visit the Old Town Temecula Community Theater at 42051 Main St, Temecula, CA 92590 to see the local shows and entertainment.