Earthquake hits Japan at 8.9 and a Tsunami hit the island of Japan. 13 foot Tsunami hit Japan and a wave is headed for Hawaii and is to hit Kaui first then Oahu about 4:59 am Pacific Standard Time. A tsunami warning has been issues for California and will hit the west coast at 8:39 am in Santa Monica, so expect it to hit Long Beach around that time. The wave may be around 3 feet per news reports. Pray for the people of Japan, Hawaii and the west coast.
- Tsunami warning issued for west coast. Some Southern California beaches will be closed this morning at 5 am, March 11, 2011.
Tsunami waves may occur at the following times:
- San Francisco at 8:16 a.m.
- Santa Barbara at 8:24 a.m.
- San Pedro at 8:32 a.m.
- Santa Monica at 8:39 a.m.
- Long Beach at 8:40 am to 8:45 am (where I live)
- Newport Beach at 8:45 a.m.
- La Jolla at 8:48 a.m.