Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Today, I wanted to cover the topics of questions people ask about Long Beach California in regards to real estate and the culture or vibe. This could take some time.
What Do People Really Want to Know About Long Beach California?
- What is the average price of a house in Long Beach, California? The average selling price of a single family home in 2019 was $737,376. That was up 1.40% over 2018 when the average price for the year was $727,122.
- What is the average price of a condo in Long Beach California? The average selling price of Long Beach condos in 2019 was $425,357. That was up 1.20% over 2018 when the price was $420,498.
- What is the best neighborhood to live in Long Beach? That depends on a number of factors. Your price range and type of lifestyle.
Many of my clients prefer the following Long Beach neighborhoods: Alamitos Heights, Belmont Shore, Bay Harbour, Belmont Heights, Belmont Park, Bixby Hill, Bixby Knolls, Bixby Highlands, and about 30 more.
I would have to give you a tour of the neighborhoods based on your price range so you could decide what would really work for you.
- Is it Expensive to Live in Long Beach? If you are renting, studios go for $1,000 to $1,500. One bedroom properties start at $1750 and up. Two bedroom properties start at $2500 and up. If you are buying, refer to Question 2 above.
- Is Long Beach a good place to Live? I think it is centrally located between Los Angeles County and Orange County. If you were working in downtown Los Angeles, you may like living at the beach in Santa Monica.
Why? The cost of living.
I just did a cost of living analysis comparing Long Beach to Santa Monica. According to BestPlaces.net, the median home price is 181% higher in Santa Monica than Long Beach, California. Overall, it costs 89.80% more to live in Santa Monica over Long Beach. If you choose Long Beach and work in Los Angeles, give yourself a little more time to commute to work.
- What are the bad neighborhoods in Long Beach? I find it all subjective. I could, as a Long Beach Realtor®, drive you through several neighborhoods and let you decide if it is good or bad.
I tend to like like more coastal neighborhoods or the ones on the east side of Long Beach. But there are neighborhoods like Bixby Knolls or Wrigley on the west side of town that are good too.
- Is Long Beach a good place to retire? Long Beach doesn’t have a retirement community. You purchase a condo and live the urban lifestyle. You best bet for a beach community of 55 plus would be Huntington Landmark in Huntington Beach or Leisure World in Seal Beach. My clients tend to like Huntington Landmark because its a little smaller than Leisure in size and it offers single story townhomes and condos. Just a different architectural design and layout of the community.
- Is it Safe to walk in Long Beach California at night? I suggest walking in well light streets. Always be aware of your surroundings where ever you are walking at night.
- What is the hottest month of the year in Long Beach? Long Beach tends to have comfortable climate throughout the year. Most of the time I wear shorts. In the winter, we get a little rain and it is cold at night.
The hottest months tend to be July to August and occasionally into September. When I say, hot I mean 90 to 105.
- How many people living in Long Beach? According to the US Census Bureau, there are 469,450 people. So when I share with my clients that there are 200 homes for sale in Long Beach or 155 condos, it sounds like not much.
As of 2022, it is a seller’s market with such low inventory. The number of properties for sale compared to the number of people living in Long Beach is just a fraction of the housing for sale.
- How far is Long Beach From Los Angeles, California? From Long Beach to Los Angeles, it is about 25 miles depending on what part of the city of Long Beach you are leaving from and where you are going in Los Angeles. Long Beach is about 25 miles west of Disneyland and 4 miles west of Huntington Beach.
- What are the fun things to do in Long Beach? I just checking our website out for fun things to do and visiting the city of Long Beach visitor’s website.
During the summer, residents love the Belmont Shore Stroll and Savor foodie event or the Belmont Shore Car Show that happens in September every year. Long Beach has something going on every weekend in the city. There is always something fun to do.
Where is Long Beach California Located?
Relocating to Long Beach
Let’s talk about your relocation to Long Beach so I know how to help. The city of Long Beach may have a relocation package of general information. I would like to provide you information that you need verse a bunch of general info. Just fill out the form below to request Long Beach California information to help you with a relocation.
Then, I will send you a link of questions to help me and you get focused on the move to Long Beach or another beach city.
When you think of more questions, just send me a note and I will answer them here on my blog or email you.